Here are a few airfare and lodging tips that may mean money or luxury in your pocket. This is short and sweet.
1. Only 28% of travelers ask for an upgrade at the desk. Of the 28% who ask for upgrades, 78% get one. So—it doesn’t hurt to ask.
2. Checking in after 6 p.m. gives you the best chance for an upgrade. That’s when hotel staff know which rooms are the most likely to stay empty –and can upgrade you to one.
3. Seventy-five percent of hotels now offer booking through their social media channels.
4. Take a look at your hotels social media page(s) to see if you can get a special deal for “liking” or “following”.We “like” the above tips and plan to “follow” them
5. Airlines typically offer more than 12 different prices for the same seat on the same flight. Before you book try clearing your computer’s cookies, or use a different browser to see if the fare dips.
6. The least expensive time to book a domestic flight is 54 days in advance. For the best deal book your flight at 3:00 pm on a Tuesday.