Valentine’s day is just around the corner. Are you flying to see someone special? Can you bring flowers on the plane?
Here are some tips on what will and what won’t make it through security:
- Chocolates: All chocolates, regular and cream filled are ok to bring aboard a flight.
- Perfume: 3.4 ounce bottles or smaller are allowed in your carry-on as long as they are put through the scanner in a plastic baggie.
- Flowers: Yes. You may bring a bouquet of flowers on board with you, but not a container of water. It helps to wrap the stems in a wet paper towel and plastic to keep them hydrated when travelling.
- Wrapped Gifts: Wrapped gifts are allowed. If they raise an alarm or require additional screening the gift will have to be unwrapped.
- Gift Baskets: If the basket contains no liquids, oils or perfumes, you’re good to go.
- Vermont Teddy Bear: If the four foot bear will fit under the seat in front of you, then yes, but be prepared for the ire of other passengers. Otherwise you’ll have to buy it a ticket or check it as baggage.
Happy Valentine’s Day!!!